Are you Looking for the best laptops under $500? We get it. Times are tough, and updating your aging laptop hardware won’t be light on your wallet, particularly with all those premium laptops and their premium price tags.
Don’t worry. We have compiled a list of the top laptops under $500, featuring high-quality machines that are more than worth the plastic and silicon they were printed on.
We’ve gathered up the most striking ones that we’ve tested in recent memory, each one deserving of the best laptop under $500 accolade. Our list includes 2-in-1 laptops, budget Chromebooks and incredibly affordable laptops that will get you through your day without burning a hole in your pocket.
Each of the laptops we’ve listed received at least four stars in one of our in-depth reviews, making them worthy of inclusion in the ITHUBPK buying guide and to be considered possibly the best laptop under $500. And since each has been thoroughly tested and critiqued by our expert editors, you can rest assured you’re getting a lot of value for less cash.
- Here are the best laptops under $500 2020.
- 1. Microsoft Surface Go The best laptop under $500 so far
- 2. Acer Swift 3 SF315 Laptop alternative at half the price
- 3. New ASUS VivoBook (Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under $500)
- 4. HP Pavilion 15 (Best Laptop Under $500)
- 5. : Lenovo Flex 6 (2 in1 Laptops Under 500 In 2020)
- 6: Samsung Chromebook Pro
- 7: Acer Chromebook Pro
- 8. Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 2-in-1
Here are the best laptops under $500 2020.
1. Microsoft Surface Go The best laptop under $500 so far
- High res 10 inch PixelSense Display designed to be viewed, touched, and written on
- Lightest Surface yet, starting at 1.15 pounds . Touch: 10 point multi touch
- All day battery life, with up to 9 hours of unplugged power. Ambient light sensor
CPU: Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615 | RAM: 4GB – 8GB | Screen: 10.5-inch 1,800 x 1,200 PixelSense touch display | Storage: 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD
Fast, efficient, and plenty of unplugged power Count on new Surface Go running Office and other day-to-day software and apps, with a powerful Intel processor and up to 9 hours of battery life.
Designed for everyday work and play Sleek and slim, new Surface Go is designed with a stunning 10” PixelSense Display with a touchscreen that’s perfect for browsing, working, and binge-watching.
The best of Microsoft — favorite features, trusted security Designed for the latest Windows laptop operating system and Office 365, Surface Go runs Windows 10 in S Mode, to do the things you want with the protection you can count on and performance that lasts.
Tablet Mode Close the Kickstand, and detach or fold Surface Signature Type Cover back for an ultra-portable, stand-alone Intel tablet.
New 10” Surface Go is perfect for all your daily tasks, giving you laptop performance with tablet portability, a stunning touchscreen, and the Windows and Office experience you know. From email, browsing, and home projects to unwinding with a favorite TV show, Surface Lingo is by your side wherever you are — with up to 9 hours1 of battery life, built-in HD cameras, hassle-free connectivity, and all the ports you need, including multi-tasking USB-C.
life: Up to 9 hours of video playback. Testing conducted by Microsoft in June 2018] using preproduction Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Processor, 128GB, 8GB RAM device. Testing consisted of full battery discharge during video playback. All settings were default except Wi-Fi was associated with a network and Auto-Brightness disabled. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
10 in S Mode works exclusively with apps from the Microsoft Store within Windows. Certain default settings, features, and apps cannot be changed. Some accessories and apps compatible with Windows 10 may not work (including some antivirus and accessibility apps), and performance may vary. If you switch to Windows 10 Pro configuration (fee may apply), you can’t switch back to Windows 10 in S Mode.
2. Acer Swift 3 SF315 Laptop alternative at half the price
- Manufacturer refurbished with 90 Day Warranty (through Manufacturer or Manufacturer certified service provider).
- Ultra Portable and Ultra-thin design with Sleek Metal Body (.7-inch) Laptop in Luxury Gold; Windows 10-64bit; Latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz, up to 4.0 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) + Intel UHD Graphics 620; Backlit Keyboard; Windows 10
- 15.6in Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS ComfyView, HDCP, Mercury free, Wide Viewing Angle, anti-glare Display; Acer TrueHarmony High-Performance Sound System with Two built-in stereo speakers; Acer Purified Voice Technology with Two Built-in Microphones; Certified for Skype for business
CPU: Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8550U Processor (Quad-Core, up to 4.0 GHz, 8M Cache) | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620 | RAM: 8GB | Screen: 15.6-inch, 1,920 x 1080 IPS LCD touchscreen | Storage: 256GB – SSD
3. New ASUS VivoBook (Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under $500)
- 15.6" anti-glare Full HD NanoEdge display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) Quad-Core processor
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI
CPU: Intel Pentium N5000 up to 2.7GHz | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 605 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 14 in Full HD LCD touchscreen (1920 x 1080)| Storage: 64GB eMMC
4. HP Pavilion 15 (Best Laptop Under $500)
- AMD Ryzen 5 3550H 2.1 GHz up to 3.7 GHz
- 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD
- 15.6 in Full HD SVA WLED display (1920 x 1080)
CPU: 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U | Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 8GB | Screen: 15.6″ IPS Touchscreen Full HD (1920×1080)| Storage: 1TB HDD
5. : Lenovo Flex 6 (2 in1 Laptops Under 500 In 2020)
- Lenovo Flex 6-11IGM 2-in-1 Laptop (Onyx Black) - Intel Celeron N4000 1.10GHz - 4GB RAM - 64GB eMMC - 11.6" 1366x768 Touchscreen
- Intel UHD Graphics 600 - 802.11ac Wireless - Bluetooth 4.1 - Webcam
- Stereo Speakers with Dolby audio Premium - 3 Cell Battery
CPU: Intel Core i3-8130U | Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 8GB | Screen: 14-Inch Anti-Glare IPS TouchScreen FHD (1920×1080)| Storage: 256SSD
Lenovo Flex 6 is another mid-range 2-in-1 laptop. it is an excellent choice to consider. However this laptop does not come with good hardware or discrete graphics yet, it has got everything that you are looking to carry out daily base tasks at an affordable price. This convertible laptop can’t beat the Lenovo Yoga 920.
The Flex 14 packs a punch with up to 8th generation Intel Core processing and storage—128 GB SSD. Enjoy lightning-fast boot-ups and transfer times, and with 8 GB memory, you’ll be able to use more apps and larger files without ever slowing down.
Never feel anchored to an outlet, with the all-day battery life that will help you stay focused on the things that matter. Plus, the Flex 14 has an always-on USB 3.0 port, which means you’ll be able to charge your other favorite devices even when your laptop is powered off.
More than just a traditional laptop, the Flex 14 transitions with your schedule. Thanks to a durable 360-degree hinge, you can easily flip it into tablet mode for browsing the web or stream a TV show in tent mode. With this much flexibility, you’ll always find your perfect viewing angle.
Built for Entertainment:
With 14” Full High Definition (1920×1080) IPS touchscreen narrow-bezel display, you can watch movies and browse the web in vivid detail. Whether you’re lounging on the couch or watching with friends, we’ve narrowed two sides of the screen to maximize your viewing experience.
For performance, you are getting a combination of 8 GB RAM and Intel Core i3-8130U processor with 128 GB SSD. I will not recommend this laptop if you are going to perform heavy tasks. It will work perfectly for light web browsing and executing lightweight applications.
6: Samsung Chromebook Pro
- Display: 12.3" 2400x1600, 3:2,400nit
- Intel Core M3 Processor 6Y30 ; 2.2Ghz Speed
- 4GB LPDDR3 Memory (on BD 4GB); Battery Life: 9 hours
CPU: Intel Core M3 Processor 6Y30 | Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 515 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 12.3 inches 2400×1600 pixels| Storage: 16GB
Samsung Chromebook Pro came with Lovelly and Premium design, high-end features. We all know very well Samsung offers the premium quilty product.
The Chromebook consists of a magnesium alloy and its frame provides a powerful impression when it comes to touch. Samsung has two Chromebook models, one of which is the Pro, the other being Plus. Both models have approximately the same specs but varying in color and CPU. We’re discussing Chromebook Pro here.
The laptop has a durable 360-degree flap and you can move the screen easily. The convertible works fantastically in all modes, whether it’s a tent mode or a laid-back mode. Keep in mind that it’s not the most flexible or simple-to-use tablet available on the market, but this is not an uncomfortable tablet at all. We’re in love with this laptop because of its screen, slim shape, lightweight and small size.
The laptop is fitted with an Intel Core m3-6Y30 multi-tasking CPU. Samsung’s Chromebook Pro is a high-end portable laptop with little difficulty and definitely worth your money.
7: Acer Chromebook Pro
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5 inches full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
CPU: Intel Celeron N3160 Quad-Core Processor 1.6GHz | Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 515 | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Display| Storage: 32GB
The Acer Chromebook 14 is a powerful rock star with its stylish 100 percent metal body and immersive Full HD IPS display that delivers an epic portable experience that’s unmatched by other Chromebooks on the large stage.
Incredibly fast wireless links and amazing battery life give you the chance to run your favorite Google apps or access your pictures, videos, music, and records all day. The speedy and smart Chromebook 14 delivers an amazing value that’s worth infinite extras.
If you’re a student and you have a limited sum of money to spend on a laptop for writing assignments, then Acer’s Chromebook is all you need to do your job.
But let me tell you clearly that if you’re looking for a powerful computer, then the R13 Chromebook isn’t the ideal choice. You can check out other devices on the list with better specs and performance capacities.
8. Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 2-in-1
- 11.6 inch HD(1366 x 768) Trulife LED Backlight Touch IPS Display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron N3030 Dual Core Processor (1.6GHz with turbo upto 2.48GHz) with 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC,
- 1x Audio Jack, 1x Volume Control , 1x HDMI, 2x USB 3.1 Gen1, 1x SD card Reader,
CPU: Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3060 up to 2.48GHz | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 400 Integrated | RAM: 4GB | Screen: 11.6″ HD ( 1366 x 768 ) WLED Energy-efficient Display| Storage: 16GB SSD
Among the best Chromebooks, there’s also a successful computer for anyone looking for the best laptop under $500. It’s simple to see how Dell Inspiron’s Chromebook 112-in-1 exceeds expectations. While it’s far from the most powerful Chromebook available, it’s exactly what people need from it: budget-friendly, easy-to-use, and able to stand up to abuse. The Dell Inspiron 112-in-1 is more than able to handle all your browsing and document editing, and considering that it could be the best laptop under $500 that won’t shatter from an easy fall.
We’re done with our list of the best budget 2-in-1 laptops. We hope you liked the laptops and made the best and most affordable 2-in-1 laptop for you. If you have anything to ask or suggest, just drop a comment. We’d love to hear from you.